CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Final Music Video

Final Album Cover

Final Album Cover

Click On The Picture To Go To Our Official Myspace Page

Monday, July 13, 2009

Lip-sync practise

As part of our research into music videos, we tried out lip-syncing for ourselves. Charlotte and I did "Sound of the Underground" by Girls Aloud. We filmed and edited it in about an hour and a half on the spur of the moment, and I think it's not too bad!

One thing I noticed was that the parts which people find the funniest are often the parts which we perform the most seriously; as in, really in character and going all out. This will help me in my actual music video, and I think this was a great test run.

I learnt that to make it believable that a person is singing and not miming, they have to actually sing it. We turned the music up really loud so you couldn't hear us (we sounded a little bit screechy) and we took off the microphone. This meant we could go wild and not be TOO embarrassed about it.

We tried to vary the shot types, and kept the camera moving to match the grungy rock style of the song. We also moved around a lot; dancing, swirling etc to make the visuals interesting, since the background and costumes were quite monochrome (which we hadn't planned!)

All in all, I think it was a successful preliminary task, since the video is engaging to look at, and yet doesn't overpower the song.

0 comments: